Re: Tweaking quail input methods

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: Tweaking quail input methods
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:42:18 +0100

hi, Eli,

> I think you should just copy the rules of russian-computer and modify
> whatever you need for the Azerbaijani Cyrillic input method.

thanks for the reply.  yes, that's basically what i've done.  but, it
seems a shame (sort of a "first-normal-form violation") to not be able
to re-use, pick up random tweaks.  for example, i'd like to have two
Turkish input methods, one for people used to Turkish keyboards (where
the letter in the 'i' position has no dot over it), and one for people
used to getting the dot over the i (and willing to type an introducer to
get the i without the dot).  it would be nice to define one as the
"tweak" on the other.

anyway, it all works, and i'm reasonably happy.

cheers, Greg