Re: Emacs Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:41:11 +0900

> With the new version, I see the following two problems:

> (1) (a) Open some larger file, which contains some word, foo say, rather
> often.
>     (b) Do: customize-variable -> special-display-regexps ->*occur*
>     (c) In the Buffer containing the original file do: occor->foo
>     (d) Switch to the frame containing the occur-buffer and do:
>         next-error-follow-minor-mode
>     (e) Now go up and down in the occur-buffer frame by the arrow keys, and
> an annoying flicker in the
>         frame showing the original frame happens; the effect is actually more
> drastic if I press and
>         hold down some arrow key.
>         This is not the case with the master-version and not with the
> work-versions up to and
>         including 79dba490b3bc.

Thanks for reporting.  I've updated the repository so the Mac port
based on Emacs 26.0.90 behaves like the version based on Emacs 25.3
with respect to frame raising.

Note that the flicker/flutter happens even with X11, and with the Mac
port based on Emacs 25.3 running on older versions (< 10.11) of macOS.
Probably newer versions of macOS do some coalescing.

> (2) Putting the mouse over a tool-bar button, so that the corresponding
> tooltip appear, and then quickly dragging the frame with the mouse to another
> place on the screen, the tooltip is still shown for some time at the original
> screen position.

I'll look into it later.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden