Re: Problem quitting properly from transient keymap with one keystroke

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problem quitting properly from transient keymap with one keystroke
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 13:30:28 -0400

>> Could you highlight some of the things that are easier with
>> hydra-set-transient-map (or more generally what were the problems you
>> encountered with set-transient-map)?
> Just some customization logic, see `hydra--clearfun' for more detail.
> One example is the `hydra-pause-resume' command: it's not in any
> transient map, but needs special interaction.
> Another example is issuing a warning in some cases about the transient
> map, instead of disabling it.

Without looking into the details, I'd think that you can put that
functionality into the `keep-pred` function (and hence implement
hydra-set-transient-map on top of set-transient-map).

But since you don't build on top of set-transient-map, I assume that
doing what I suggest leads to problems.  Right?  What were those?

        Stefan