Re: [ELPA] New package: hierarchy

From: Damien Cassou
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: hierarchy
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 09:47:33 +0200

Hi Stefan,

as I was not on the emacs-devel mailing-list, I didn't see your message
sooner. My answer is below.

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I propose to put the single-file package hierarchy.el in ELPA and to
>> keep maintaining the project in a separate repository. I decided to
>> avoid using subtree or externals because my unit-test file (which is not
>> included here) depends on buttercup which is not on ELPA.
>
> I don't understand.  What do you mean exactly by "put ... in ELPA"?
> Currently, there are two ways to add a package to GNU ELPA.
> One involves a kind of git-subtree and the other involves a separate
> branch (somewhat like a git-submodule), but you say "avoid using subtree
> or externals" which seems to imply you intend to use neither of them,
> hence my question.

I thought there was a third option: "drop the file in there". I guess it
does not matter anymore as I will try to integrate hierarchy inside the
core.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st