Re: emacs-26 3fc05cf: Scripts to automate windows binary distribution

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-26 3fc05cf: Scripts to automate windows binary distribution
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:19:31 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 16:59:53 +0200
>
> Could we document, which languages are accepted there?

Do we have to do that in advance?

> Let's start with Bash (or any POSIX shell), Guile, Perl,
> Python. Otherwise, somebody might contribute Lua scripts, or
> whatever.

If you ask me, it's the system shell and Python.  Guile is too similar
to Emacs Lisp to justify yet another scripting tool, and I don't see
why we would need Perl.

But again, I'd prefer not to start solving a problem which doesn't
seem to exist yet.  No one submitted a Lua script or even a Perl
script to us.  Let's defer debating this until it actually happens.