Re: Feature request: Infinite scroll mode

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Feature request: Infinite scroll mode
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:39:14 -0400

On 2017-10-26 10:09, Compro Prasad wrote:
> The PDF readers like `evince` on GNOME have continuous scroll mode
> which is favorable while reading stuff. But Emacs can't afford that
> because of the buffer concept.
>
> It would be great to have a mode which lets the user/package to utilize
> an infinite buffer space where we can place text and images as we wish.

Can you elaborate? I don't understand the request.

> A restriction of adding stuff to the left might not be necessary because
> of indentation but it may be an option too. After deactivating the mode
> the extra space from top, bottom and the sides will be removed so that
> we cannot add stuff to outer space just by magic.

This doesn't make much sense to me

> https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools/issues/27
> The above issue is just sitting there and Emacs has no option about it
> as far as I can guess. If there is an option to solve the above issue
> then it would be a pleasure to hear about it.

I don't get how what you propose would help solve that issue, but it could be
because I don't really understand what you're suggesting.

Someone suggested an appropriate solution in that thread as far as paging is
concerned (keep a ring buffer of a few pages); the problem is scrolling halfway
through a picture, AFAICT.

Clément.