Deprecating BBDB 2.x support in EUDC for Emacs 26.1

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Deprecating BBDB 2.x support in EUDC for Emacs 26.1
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 21:07:25 -0400

Hi,

For EUDC in the Emacs 26.1 release, I'd like to deprecate backward
compatibility support for BBDB versions less than 3, and then
subsequently remove that support, maybe as soon as Emacs 27.1.  Doing so
would simplify eudcb-bbdb.el and allow it to take advantage of new
features that Roland has been adding in BBDB 3.x, like UUIDs.

We discussed this idea on the bbdb-user mailing list.  So far, no one
has objected, but I thought I would also ask here before pushing the
NEWS patch.  Does the attached NEWS patch look OK to push to the
emacs-26 branch?

Thanks,
Thomas