Re: `thunk-let'?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: `thunk-let'?
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 23:43:57 +0100

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, but maybe you were responding to Drew and me at once?

Eh - yes, I did ;-)

> I didn't call the code half-baked :) I didn't even read it, in
> fact. I'm just trying to get a better feel for what goes straight into
> Emacs, and what goes into ELPA for experimentation.  I was reacting to
> this:
>
> > Well, it's in subr-x because I'm not sure that it is yet a good idea to
> > "advertize it so loudly" as Stefan uses to say.

Yes, and it's good to discuss it.  I don't have any experience with
these decisions.

I would say it's worth to support the basic concept of lazy bindings
directly in Emacs, especially because the Elisp sources could benefit
from it in the future.  Unlike streams, for example, it's fundamental
enough so that it could be useful not only for some special applications
but for a broader set of files.

Michael.