Re: windows installer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:46:09 -0500

> They _will_ want to add it to PATH if they want to install packages
> from the likes of ELPA, which frequently come with Makefiles that
> invoke Emacs to compile the Lisp files.

For lack of familiarity with the Windows world, I don't know if typical
Windows users will want to add it to PATH (as a GNU/Linux user, of
course I'd do that), but I think the "frequently" above is incorrect.

The way Elisp files are compiled by package.el is to do it in the
running Emacs rather than by executing a separate Emacs session, AFAIK.

And even if you configure it to use something like async.el, doesn't
(expand-file-name invocation-name invocation-directory) let async.el find
an Emacs executable even when it's not in PATH?

        Stefan