Re: Reload file from disk

From: Ken Olum
Subject: Re: Reload file from disk
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:03:35 -0500

   From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 16:11:34 +0200

   There's already a variable: file-name-at-point-functions.  It just was
   undocumented until now.  Given that it's documented, do we still need
   a separate knob?

Sorry for the confusion.  I think we're discussing different things
here.  My goal was to have the default for find-file (without typing
M-n) be the current file, so that C-x C-f RET would reload the buffer.
I think file-name-at-point-functions affects only the question of what
you get when you type M-n.

If there are enough people who would like C-x C-f RET to reload the
buffer, perhaps there should be a variable for that.  But perhaps
there are not.  (This has little consequence for me personally, since
I already worked around it a different way.)

                                        Ken