Re: `thunk-let'?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: `thunk-let'?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 16:20:58 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> > > It means not intended for use outside of Emacs internals.
> >
> > But no doubt `when', for example, is used outside of Emacs
> > internals...?
>
> 'when' is in subr.el, not in subr-x.el.  And its well documented.

Ok, then `when-let*'.  It's surely useful not only in Emacs internals.
Lot's of packages in Gnu Elpa use it.

It seems that the only more or less "internal" functions in subr-x are
those named "internal-*", and these are of the kind "helper function" as
exist in most libraries - so their names are misleading.  For example,
`internal--build-bindings' is clearly a helper for `if-let*', barely
useful for anything else, including other let-style macro definitions.

FWIW, my impression was always that subr-x.el was thought as an extension
library for subr.el, and for me, it kind of looks like that.

Michael.