RE: poplife-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: poplife-mode
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:48:23 -0800 (PST)

> >> I think that a context menu should be created from list of
> >> functions because each person wants to have his own context
> >> menu
> >
> > Did you look at or try mouse3.el?  It makes it very
> > easy to have your own contextual `mouse-3' menus,
> > whatever the context (a mode or anything else).
>
> Yes, I checked your mouse3.

Thank you.

> Actually I tried to import "Thing at Pointer".

Not sure what that means.

> I meant it is good if one can call other possible key's definition (or
> keymaps) before mouse3 as below.
>
> (defvar context-candidates
>     '(poplife-mouse-file-menu   ; FILE menu
>       poplife-mouse-dir-menu    ; DIR menu
>       poplife-mouse-ispell-menu ; iSpell menu
>       poplife-mouse-url-menu    ; URL menu
>       mouse3-region-menu        ; REGION menu
>       mouse3-noregion-menu))    ; DEFAULT menu

You can incorporate any existing menus you want, with `mouse3.el'.

See how the current major-mode menu is incorporated, for example.
Or the menu-bar menus (all of them, under a menu `Menu Bar', when
the menu-bar itself is not visible).

To incorporate an existing menu, all you need is its keymap.