Re: windows installer

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:31:51 +0100

> Fabrice Popineau ha scritto:
>

> The best portable program is the one you can install with unzip. And it is already the case for Emacs.

No. After you have unzipped and started Emacs, where do you think it will write the .emacs.d folder?

And why do you care about .emacs.d that much ?
You can setup emacs using the site-lisp directory if you don't want to write to your host in ~/.emacs.d.

You are using "portable" with a meaning a bit different from the one which is discussed here... It should not write the host machine.

I don't think so.  I have already been there in the past and for longer you seem to imagine.
My point is that you can configure everything from within emacs without requiring an external installer
to fiddle with your host.

Fabrice