Re: poplife-mode

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: poplife-mode
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:26:12 +0900

> You can incorporate any existing menus you want, with `mouse3.el'.
>
> See how the current major-mode menu is incorporated, for example.
> Or the menu-bar menus (all of them, under a menu `Menu Bar', when
> the menu-bar itself is not visible).
>
> To incorporate an existing menu, all you need is its keymap.

I want to pop a keymap that is created dynamically such for directory
listing.  To do so, functions that return keymap should be evaluated
sequentially.

I think IO of a function for context menu should accept event and return
a keymap or nil.  As a result, a function that returns context-menu
would be written like below.

(global-set-key [mouse-3] 'context-menu)
(defun context-menu (event)
  (interactive "e")
  (or (poplife-mouse-file-menu event)   ; FILE menu
      (poplife-mouse-dir-menu event)    ; DIR menu
      (poplife-mouse-ispell-menu event) ; iSpell menu
      (poplife-mouse-url-menu event)    ; URL menu
      (mouse3-region-menu event)        ; region menu
      (mouse3-noregion-menu event)))    ; default menu