Re: windows installer

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:35:19 +0100

> From: Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@centralesupelec.fr>
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:31:40 +0100
> Cc: Phillip Lord <address@hidden>,
>       Jostein Kjønigsen <address@hidden>,
>       Drew Adams <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
>  > The last step takes an hour.
>
>  Try "make -j8" instead, and it will end much faster.
>
> Well, the slow part is still configure, because of the numerous instances of shell that are launched.

Not here, it isn't.  The slow part is byte compilation of the files
with bootstrap-emacs, until it is rebuilt with byte-compiled compiler.

Phillip said :

./configure ; make

Since when does it bootstrap emacs and recompile elc files ?

And on my machine, ./configure is about 10 times slower than compiling emacs itself (the make -j8 part).