Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 12:14:48 -0500

> I think the normal situation is where each process has only one
> filter, and therefore even if the output of the process was read by
> some unrelated call to wait_reading_process_output, that output was
> processed by the correct filter.

Even with a single filter, sometimes the precise context in which this
filter is run matters (e.g. it sets a dynamically bound variable), but
in any case, there's nothing we can do about those problems from within
wait_reading_process_output: in those cases where the input needs to be
processed from within a particular call to wait_reading_process_output,
the problem needs to be solved at the Elisp level.

        Stefan