Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:12:38 -0500

> Info mode defines a large number of interactive commands starting with
> "Info" rather than info, which always causes me to miss them until I
> remember the capital I. Would a patch creating lowercase aliases be
> acceptable?

As explained by Drew, info.el uses the convention that "normal" commands
start with "info-" and keeps "Info-" for those commands which are
unlikely to be used via `M-x`.

I think there was a similar idea with variables, tho I don't offhand see
what's the specific purpose (maybe for M-x set-variable ?).

So I don't think we should do such a blind renaming.  But OTOH, renaming
a few specific commands might make sense, if there's a good case for
using them from M-x.

        Stefan