Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:50:21 -0500

  > Info mode defines a large number of interactive commands starting with
  > "Info" rather than info, which always causes me to miss them until I
  > remember the capital I. Would a patch creating lowercase aliases be
  > acceptable?

The reason for this prefix distinction is to make completion of info-
commands work better -- because the Info- commands do not get in the
way.  The idea is that the Info- commands will rarely be entered in
M-x because they are bound to keys.

We can change this if it will help users, but how and why would it help them?

What is the scenario in which you type their names?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.