Re: Minibuffer positioned at a location other than the bottom of the fra

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Minibuffer positioned at a location other than the bottom of the frame?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 23:29:00 +0700

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM, John Yates <address@hidden> wrote:

> Screen technology keeps, evolving enabling ever larger screens with ever
> more pixels. At the time that I initiated that thread I owned a 30"
> (diagonal) 2560x1600 monitor. Since that time my employer has provided me a
> 43" 3840x2160 monster (HxW = 26"x38"). This is a thing of beauty but sadly a
> miserable experience when emacs tries to manage the whole screen as a single
> frame.

If that 43" is at a standard arm’s length, you could use a tiling
window manager to split it into a matrix of three columns by two rows,
then treat it as six separate 16.3" monitors, 1280×1080 pixels each.

Also, how is it positioned? Ergonomic guidelines say the top of the
monitor should be at eye level, but then the bottom edge will probably
be below desk surface.