Re: mouse-drag-and-drop-region

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-drag-and-drop-region
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 09:48:44 +0100

>> Which can only process or ignore but never postpone events?
>
> Which is not different from keyboard input, and therefore doesn't need
> special handling or consideration, AFAIU.

That's what I meant.  Now `mouse-drag-track' does two essential things:
It sets `track-mouse' to non-nil so mouse movement creates input events
and it uses a transient keymap to process them.  However, an application
that wants to look into an event and postpone it via "unreading" it, is
still able to do so, right?  So the only difference to using the
`track-mouse' macro is that the transient keymap approach obfuscates the
underlying event reading mechanism and thus does not overtly invite the
application to unread events.  Is that interpretation correct?

martin