Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 5b5f441: read_key_sequence: correct the handlin

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 5b5f441: read_key_sequence: correct the handling of raw_keybuf in recursive calls
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 16:48:00 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 22:30:27 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:03:04 +0000
> > Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > What do you say?  I would like to revert the previous commit that fixed
> > this and install the one below.

> If you have tested TTY menus well enough, including popup menus
> (C-mouse3 after "emacs -Q" etc.), and also the simulated dialog boxes
> (yes-or-no-p when triggered by a mouse gesture), then I'm okay with
> this.

Sorry for being stupid, but I can't seem to find any way of triggering a
dialog box on the Linux tty.  I've got `use-dialog-box' at t, the
default setting.  I've manipulated the configuration GUI without any
problems, though.  Would that do instead?

> But please clean the patch up, it seems to have some WIP fragments
> that need to be deleted.

I've done that.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).