Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with co

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 20:54:59 +0200

On 12/5/17 7:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I posted a more or less complete proposal for how to make the changes you want
without breaking previous facilities.  If you agree with that proposal (which
IMO makes sense even for master), then most of the issues you raise disappear.
If you disagree, please respond to that message of mine explaining why, and
let's discuss that first.

Sorry, is it this message?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-12/msg00158.html

I thought I've addresses every point in there (that I could make sense of) in other messages in this thread, but if you prefer, I can respond to it directly, to put the critique in one place.

Have you read the following messages, BTW? There were no responses.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-12/msg00169.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-12/msg00170.html