Re: [ELPA] New package: paced

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: paced
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 11:27:38 +0000

Ian Dunn <address@hidden> writes:

>     Phil> Interesting. In your comparison to pabbrev.el, instead of "you’ve
> got
>     Phil> to retrain pabbrev every time you restart Emacs", I would say, "it
>     Phil> retrains itself automatically", though. And as an advantage over
> both
>     Phil> paced and predictive, it requires no set up at all to use. You just
>     Phil> turn it on.
>
>     Phil> Phil
>
> I clarified the issues with pabbrev, mainly, the task of having to open
> each file from which you want to train it.  For me, that's about 100
> files with my prose in it.  But I also mentioned its easy setup and that
> retraining is automatic.

Thanks for this! Personally, it doesn't bother me; I don't "train"
it. It just gets more correct over time. And not being persistent means
that I don't really need an editor to remove incorrect expansions.

Still, if it's a problem for you, it's fair that you mention them. I
would deal with the issue by using desktop.el (which will persist your
sessions). pabbrev.el then does it's thing in the background.

Phil