Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 18:26:53 +0200

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:43:34 +0800 (CST)
> From: tumashu  <address@hidden>
> Cc: "martin rudalics" <address@hidden>,
>       "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> I need this function to get the pixel position, so I can put a tooltip in
> this position to show
> some information.  vertical-motion seem to not have the feature.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding.  AFAIU, you can determine the
left-top pixel position at point, but you wanted the left-bottom
position instead, is that right?  If so, my suggestion was to call
vertical-motion to move down one line, then take the left-top position
at that place.  Doesn't that give you what you want?