Re: [Emacs-diffs] master abd1825: Ensure that we can find definitions wh

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master abd1825: Ensure that we can find definitions when buffer is narrowed
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:16:39 +0100

> Its docstring also doesn't really make it clear what it means and how to
> use it.  Looking at the current users, a slightly different var might
> work better.  E.g.

>     (defvar widen-to-pos-function
>        (lambda (pos)
>          (if (not (<= (point-min) pos (point-max)))
>              (widen))))

Sounds good to me.  What do you think would be better, to supplement
widen-automatically with widen-to-pos-function, or remove
widen-automatically and only offer widen-to-pos-function?  From a
user's perspective, it might be useful to keep both around (allowing
widen-automatically to easily be set to nil in some buffers where it's
unwanted).