Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window;

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window; add select-frame-window
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:42:43 -0500

> Does anyone else see a need for something like this or am I the only one
> that finds there are too many gotchas
> and complexities in dealing with combinations of these issues right now?

I think we're generally better off embracing the idea that it's not
Emacs's job to decide how to handle focus and window stacking.

Because the problems with focus and such don't all have to do with
technicalities of how the APIs work, but also with interaction about the
specific focus policy that the user may have chosen in his
window-manager (as well as with the frame/window management policies he
has setup in his display-buffer-alist).

        Stefan