Re: select-frame-set-input-focus fails to raise the frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: select-frame-set-input-focus fails to raise the frame
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:10:28 +0200

> From: Robert Weiner <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:53:59 -0500
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> Although from the function doc strings, it seems a force-window-update
> followed by a (sit-for 0) should force redisplay of the chosen window, it did
> not (see the test2 function in the prior message).  Is that a bug?

How do you know Emacs didn't redisplay the window?  "Force redisplay"
doesn't necessarily mean you will see on display what you think you
should see, it just means Emacs will consider that window for
redisplay.  Whether that causes Emacs to show what you think it should
is another matter entirely: the display engine has its own ideas what
part(s) of the window need to be redrawn, if any.

I actually don't understand the idea of your test2 function: can you
tell what you intended to see happen, and why?