Re: `emacs -nw', `framep' returning `t', `display-graphic-p' returning `

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: `emacs -nw', `framep' returning `t', `display-graphic-p' returning `nil'
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 22:06:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> I would interpret that to mean the display is graphics capable, but the
>> selected frame still runs on a terminal emulation.
>
> No, that'd be a wrong interpretation.  display-graphic-p reports about
> a frame, and accepts a frame parameter for that purpose.

But Drew has said nothing about the two frames in question being one and
the same.  Actually it is probable they aren't, since one happens when
setting up the keymap and the other when using it.

>> I think that might happen if you connect from a terminal based
>> emacsclient to an emacs server that runs on a graphical display.
>
> If you see that, please report it as a bug.

As I said (and I think you said that too) if it's not the same frame
then all bets are off since you can easily query about two different
frames, the first one running on a terminal (emulation most likely) and
the other one on a graphical system.

I agree that this particular combination of answers should never arise
from the same frame at the same time.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: