Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame st

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame stack until a condition or timeout occurs
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:10:13 +0200

> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 08:26:23 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
>  > ​Please describe in detail what you see and what you think
>  > is wrong but update to 1.1 attached first.​
>
> Here on Windows XP I mostly see an incompletely drawn frame with the
> entire or parts of the toolbar missing, sometimes also a completely
> blank frame.  More or less what you described earlier in another thread.

Which is quite expected, since the frame is created by a separate
thread, and the display-until library doesn't give Emacs a chance to
create it before it calls 'redisplay' (which has nothing to redisplay,
as the frame is not official yet), and then immediately goes into the
sleep-for loop (which doesn't redisplay).  I think.