Re: The name gnus-cloud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The name gnus-cloud.el
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:17:18 -0500

  > > How about gnus-noncloud.el?
  > > That would make the joke clearer so we could all get it.

  > Wouldn't a name like that imply that somewhere there is such a thing as
  > a cloud?

No, it wouldn't imply that.  It would only mean that this isn't a cloud.

  > The current name is an explicit joke on the concept that a "cloud"
  > exists.

You can view it as a joke -- that would be an "in joke" -- but it
is not explicitly visible as one.

If you'd like to contribute to a joke about this to Emacs, please do
it in a way that the users can see and understand.  That way, they
can appreciate it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.