Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame st

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame stack until a condition or timeout occurs
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:44:35 -0500

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 3:54 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

I tried your functions on GNU/Linux now.  The GTK build seems to handle
them as expected.  The other builds (Motif, Lucid and no-toolkit) have
the frame lose its title bar after executing the

  (progn (set-frame-parameter (display-until-get-frame-by-name "My-Frame") 'visibility t)
         (display-frame-until "My-Frame"))

form.

​Thanks for testing this.  It would be helpful with such reports if
you include your thoughts about where you think the misbehaving
code lives (display-until, the code shipped in Emacs itself, the
windowing system), so we have an idea of what to look at to hopefully
eliminate the problem.

Please also test with display-until-delay set to 3 seconds or so just
to see if a timing difference eliminates your problem.

display-until is small enough that you could strip down its functions
pretty quickly to just the part that generates the issue you are seeing
and even see if any small code change eliminates it.

Just FYI, I see none of the problems you and Eli have reported when
using the MacOS window manager.

Bob