Re: Is there a function for auto currying in Elisp?

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: Is there a function for auto currying in Elisp?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 10:14:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> So, I think we can't magically handle all cases.

Definitely not for functions that take &rest params.

> Of course, we can do the easy cases:
>
>     (defun curry (f n)
>       (if (< n 2)
>         (lambda (x)
>           (curry (apply-partially f x) (- n 1)))))

That's exactly the implementation I was playing with yesterday :-)

> but ... I'm not sure we want to encourage this.

Why not?

> What's your use case(s)?

I don't have a specific use case right now, but I think that currying
can be very expressive and elegant, and fits extremely well with
functional programming, which Elisp is very capable of.

Cheers,
Nico