Re: (format "Hello %1$S%2$s" 'world "!")

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: (format "Hello %1$S%2$s" 'world "!")
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 21:44:20 +0000

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> schrieb am So., 2. Juli 2017 um 16:31 Uhr:
On 2017-07-02 10:02, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> (I am using the numbered fields that Philipp Stephani implemented in June.)

Hm, this patch went through?  I thought there were still disagreements about the syntax.

Not that I'm aware of. The syntax is pretty much fixed by the behavior of GNU printf.

Did we consider introducing a new formatting function (with a polyfill for older Emacsen), rather than this %n$ syntax?

No, there's no need for that: the syntax extension is backward-compatible.