Re: The name gnus-cloud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The name gnus-cloud.el
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 15:34:32 -0500

  > > What is "the exact opposite" of using a buzzword?

  > The exact opposite is to never use it.

Oh no, that's hardly opposite enough to be "the exact opposite".
Here are some better candidates for "the exact opposite":

* Play kazoos whenever others use the buzzword.
* Turn on a siren whenever others use the buzzword.
* Say the buzzword over and over, backwards.
* Invent a politically contrary buzzword and say that all the time.

There are so many ways one action can be "the opposite" of another
action that people could never agree on what the "opposite" is.

But that's a purely academic question.  The GNU Project has a policy
towards the term "cloud computing": criticize it, avoid using it, and
urge others to avoid it.  Whether or not it is "the exact opposite",
it's the rational way to work against the confusion of that term.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.