Re: The name gnus-cloud.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The name gnus-cloud.el
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 18:06:57 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 15:34:32 -0500
>
> There are so many ways one action can be "the opposite" of another
> action that people could never agree on what the "opposite" is.
>
> But that's a purely academic question.  The GNU Project has a policy
> towards the term "cloud computing": criticize it, avoid using it, and
> urge others to avoid it.  Whether or not it is "the exact opposite",
> it's the rational way to work against the confusion of that term.

Let me just say that I've read the relevant page on the FSF site, and
I support what it says, but I still think ostracizing the word "cloud"
in _any_ computing-related discussion is too extreme, and may even
"cloud" the minds of some of our followers.  And if you don't agree,
then let's agree to disagree on that.