gdb does not stop on breakpoint in emacs, but does stop in commandline m

From: John Murray
Subject: gdb does not stop on breakpoint in emacs, but does stop in commandline mode
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 07:58:45 -0700

I set a breakpoint in a shared library in gdb on emacs run the program and the breakpoint is ignored.

If I follow the same procedures in gdb from the command line, gdb stops at the breakpoint.

emacs version:  25.3.1
gdb version:  7.2-75.e16
gdb-mi.el loaded

More detail:

I start gdb in emacs using the command:

gdb -i=mi /path to executable/executable

> break main
> run
> info func .*ProcessCommand.*
[address of desired function]

> break *[address of the desired funciton]
> continue

Using this sequence inside emacs, gdb ignores the breakpoint.
Using this sequence using gdb from the command line, the code stops at the breakpoint.

I note that the function is in a shared library.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

john
--