Re: build failure emacs-26 branch on Mingw64

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: build failure emacs-26 branch on Mingw64
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 11:51:12 -0600

Richard Copley <address@hidden> writes:

> On 1 January 2018 at 12:51, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Jan 01 2018, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> The sed command that gives the error is:
>>>
>>>   -e 's;\(#.*PATH_SITELOADSEARCH\).*$$;\1
>>> "'"$${w32locallisppath//;/\\;}"'";'
>>>
>>> There is an unquoted ; in the replacement, but quoting that does not fix
>>> the error.
>>
>> The regexp separator for the s command should be changed to something
>> else than `;' to avoid a quoting nightmare.
>>
>>> I'm guessing the reference to 'w32locallisppath' is supposed to replace
>>> the Unix path separator : with the Windows path separator ; .
>>
>> No, it replaces `;' with `\;' so that it can be interpolated into the
>> replacement part of the s command.
>
> Building the emacs-26 branch from scratch works fine for me.

I'm guessing you are using the same tools I am.

Are you running configure from the mingw64 shell? Which make is
first in path?

As discussed in the thread on my other build failure, this is fixed by
using /usr/bin/make

> If I insert an echo command in Makefile (see patch below), then run
> "make epaths-force-w32",

You can get the same effect by removing the '@'; that makes the entire
command visible.

--