Re: build failure 2 emacs-26 branch on Mingw64

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: build failure 2 emacs-26 branch on Mingw64
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 12:41:55 -0600

Richard Copley <address@hidden> writes:

> On 1 January 2018 at 17:41, Stephen Leake
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Right.  And I believe Sed is not an MSYS Sed, either, because that one
>>> should be version 4.2.2, not 4.4.
>>> Which could also explain the other problem Stephen reported.
>>
>> Hmm. Then the instructions in nt/INSTALL.W64 are wrong; it says to run
>> autgen and configure from the mingw64.exe shell, which puts mingw64/bin
>> first in path.
>
> I think what's unusual about your setup is that you have the native
> GNU Make installed under the name "make.exe" on your path. By default,
> MSYS2 installs it as "mingw32-make.exe".

Ah, you are correct. I did that on purpose, so I can just run 'make' and
C-c C-k in an Emacs *compilation* buffer can interrupt it. But I forgot
about it until now ...

>> I'll try rebuilding using the msys shell and/or msys make from the mingw
>> shell, and propose a patch for INSTALL.W64

export MAKE=/usr/bin/bash; configure

works for me.

But since I have a non-standard mingw setup, there's no need to change
INSTALL.W64; I'll just keep better notes on my own config.

Thanks.

--
-- Stephe