Re: git: how to restore a deleted worktree?

From: Nathan Moreau
Subject: Re: git: how to restore a deleted worktree?
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:07:54 +0100

It's not clear what you did when you `deleted' the worktree. The
proper way to cleanup worktrees is
+ first to remove the associated branch (emacs-26)
+ then `git worktree prune'.

This is probably what you need to do to get back to a clean state in
your case, before going to `git worktree add....' again.
If you just run the prune command, git won't prune anything as the
branch still exists.