Re: beginning-of-defun-comments bug [was: Re: 26.0.90: mark-defun proble

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: beginning-of-defun-comments bug [was: Re: 26.0.90: mark-defun problem in c-mode]
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 12:00:02 +0000

Hello, Zhang, Eli, and Marcin.

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 14:55:54 +0000, zhang cc wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2018, 12:28 AM +0800, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>, wrote:

> I applied the patch, and I can’t reproduce the problem now. But there
> is something I don’t known if it is intended.

Thanks for doing this test.

> With the following c code, run mark-defun with cursor in the body of
> the second function, and the comment above of the function is also
> marked.

There was a long discussion about this and related matters on
emacs-devel about a year ago, I think.  I'm assuming that this marking of
the preceding comment is in accordance with that thread on emacs-devel.

> int test_func1(int a)
> {
> int i;

> return 0;
> }
> /*
>  * aa
>  */
> int test_func2(int a)
> {
> int i;

> return 0;
> }

I've committed the change to the emacs-26 branch.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).