Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 05:55:51 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 17:24:14 -0500
> Cc: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> > Is implementation convenience the only argument for Stefan's variant?
>
> Not just convenience but also "obviously correct", i.e. more maintainable.

We obviously disagree about what's "correct" in this case, so this
argument doesn't convince me, exactly like my arguments didn't
convince you.

As for maintainability, I think this is beyond splitting hair, because
I cannot for the life of me see any difference in maintainability
between the two variants.