Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:33:16 -0500

> Non-balanced change hooks necessitate special handling.

I can't imagine why it would be significantly more difficult to handle

    bcf bcf acf

than

    bcf acf acf

And I can't see why it would be easier to handle

    bcf bcf acf

only for the special case where the "missing" acf would have had the
same length as the previous bcf (i.e. comes from a primitive which
doesn't change the length of the buffer).

        Stefan