Re: Fix some tooltip related problems

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Fix some tooltip related problems
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 19:20:15 +0100

> A lot.  I'm firmly against removing toolkits to appease GTK.  I think
> GTK is an unholy mess, which can some day simply stop being supported,
> and we definitely shouldn't lose useful features in its favor.

Unfortunately I have to fully agree with Eli.

But I'd strongly support the removal of gtkutil.h/c in favor of the
addition of gtkfns.c, gtkterm.h/c, gtkmenu.c and maybe some others.
And I think at least one or two other developers might help us in this
regard (or they already started to implement that).

martin