Re: Ask etags to stop language auto-detection from falling back to Fortr

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Ask etags to stop language auto-detection from falling back to Fortran and C?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:06:29 +0300

On 1/12/18 1:41 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Thanks.  I consider these weak reasons, so it doesn't look a very
urgent issue, especially since running etags on all the files in a
tree is not a very wise thing to do anyway (as mentioned in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-01/msg00383.html).

Like I mentioned in the same thread, Emacs development is not the primary target of that feature. Nor are the projects that support 'make tags'.

Not urgent, like "not for emacs-26"? With that I agree, of course.

However, feel free to file a feature request on debbugs, the
implementation shouldn't be hard.

Done.