Calc; calc-units: would like to use €

From: Martin Gürtler
Subject: Calc; calc-units: would like to use €
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:01:05 +0100

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug and the
precise symptoms of the bug.  If possible, include a backtrace by
doing `\[toggle-debug-on-error]', then reproducing the bug.

Hi,

this may be a feature request. I'm using org-mode for invoices. Org mode has
a table feature which utilises calc to implement spreadsheet
capabilities. For invoices I'd like to use € as units, but even when
defined as user unit calc refuses to accept the € sign as unit (syntax
error when entering 3€ in algebraic mode). It does work, though, when I
use eur as the unit name.

Best regards,

Martin

My .emacs.d/calc.el:

;;; Custom units stored by Calc on Wed Jan 17 09:35:19 2018
(setq math-additional-units '(
  (€ nil "Euro")
))
;;; End of custom units

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.20)
 of 2017-09-12, modified by Debian
Package: Calc

--
Dr. Martin Gürtler