Re: how to `register' vc-hg-region-history in vc-region-history?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: how to `register' vc-hg-region-history in vc-region-history?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:14:14 +0100

>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   >> Seems a natural generalization of vc-git-region-history  However I don't
see
   >> how to tell vc-region-history to tell that the new function now
   >> exists.

   > VC automatically discovers that.  But it also remembers what it failed
   > to find, os if you had tried vc-region-history in the same session
   > before defining that function, you need to

   >     (put 'HG 'vc-functions nil)

That is what I was looking for.

I can test my function now.

But alas, I don't understand enough of git.

The git function has the following call

(vc-call-backend 'hg 'diff file "HEAD" nil (current-buffer))

Mercurial has no HEAD as part of a command. Would that be tip for
mercurial? What do the vc-hg.el authors say?