Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame st

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame stack until a condition or timeout occurs
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 19:55:10 +0100

> The other builds (Motif, Lucid and no-toolkit) have
> the frame lose its title bar after executing the
>
>    (progn (set-frame-parameter (display-until-get-frame-by-name "My-Frame")
'visibility t)
>       (display-frame-until "My-Frame"))
>
> form.  So far I have not been able to reproduce such behavior by just
> making a frame invisible and visible again.

Meanwhile I have been able to do precisely that by evaluating the
forms below in sequence

(setq frame (make-frame))

(make-frame-invisible frame)

(make-frame-visible frame)

The Lucid build has FRAME lose its window manager decorations when it
becomes visible again.  Stepping through x_make_frame_visible under
the debugger does not exhibit the problem, so it seems to be a timinig
issue.

I will continue investigating this but would like to hear from others
whether they can see a similar behavior and, if that is the case,
whether they have an older (< 25) build which does not exhibit it.
Here Motif and builds without X toolkit support have the same problem.

With the GTK build, the frame is positioned at (0, 0) on my screeen
which is clearly another bug.  But at least the GTK frame retains its
decorations when it becomes visible again.

Thanks, martin