Re: Making debugging possible on expressions executed from ielm

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Making debugging possible on expressions executed from ielm
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 12:55:18 -0500

> I did not know about condition-case-unless-debug, it indeed does make
> debugging possible with a simpler change and without any side effects.
> I attach the patch.

Thanks.  I installed it, but not the part that surrounds reading and
pretty printing: these would be used to debug IELM itself rather than
the code provided by the user to ielm.

I'm not 100% opposed to it, but at least my experience with debugging
errors in the printer leads me to think that such errors are hard to
debug in the debugger anyway (because they also affect the debugger), so
I went with a more conservative patch which only changes the part which
I positively know is useful (because I've been using a similar tho more
convoluted patch for years (had completely forgotten about it)).

        Stefan