Re: dubious copyright notices in emacs.tiff, allegro.lua, etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: dubious copyright notices in emacs.tiff, allegro.lua, etc.
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:04:06 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

The following files were added by Eli on 2015-05-12, as part of a test
suite for etags. As these are just for testing Emacs, presumably it
shouldn't be much trouble to remove them if there are real copyright
issues here: >>
* test/manual/etags/lua-src/allegro.lua
test/manual/etags/prol-src/natded.prolog
test/manual/etags/prol-src/ordsets.prolog  test/manual/etags/ps-src/rfc1245.ps
It shouldn't be much trouble, provided we can find alternative test
files for the same languages.

I'm afraid that's too much trouble for me to handle. I don't know what the tests are for and would rather not get entangled into them if there happen to be real copyright issues with them.

I don't think there are any real copyright issues here,

Most likely so. Still, it would be nice if Emacs set a good example with respect to copyright.