A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 14:13:15 +0100

Hi all,

from time to time I have a need to insert the current directory name
somewhere.  Some time ago, I submitted a bug report suggesting that C-u
M-x pwd could insert the current dir at point.  Someone made that patch
a few years ago, and that is great.  However, it is not enough:
sometimes I want to be able to yank this dir to some other application
(usually the terminal - I want to cd to that dir).  I made a simple
patch that makes `pwd' copy the current dir to the kill ring (and - by
default - to the system clipboard) if prefixed with C-u C-u.  I attach
the patch.  WDYT?

--
Marcin Borkowski